View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kakahu
Deathbringer Envoy
Contributor

Contributor
Awarded:

re: README - About our Guild Meeting September 29th, 2015

Update: As most Prophets have left RN, as well as all Officers (aside from myself who hardly counts as I don't play), the open invitation for all ex-Prophets is likely over.  You would have to apply and be accepted regularly to join RN.

Edit December 2015:

RN merge ultimately failed, our community is no more.

http://prophetsofset.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11068935&gid=70329

Original post:

Hello Everyone!

This post is mostly for those who were unable to attend the Guild meeting on September 29th, 2015.  This thread can also be used for any discussion or questions you may have.

As you are probably all aware, the game population has been steadily decreasing.  It has been getting harder and harder for guilds to stay together and progressing in high end content.  We are not the only guild that has felt this.  Many of the top guilds on the server are almost constantly looking for new players.  We too have been trying to recruit this past year to keep our player-base at a good level to keep raids running.

Unfortunately, we have not been too successful in keeping a good stable population for raiding.  Our officers have been in discussion about this matter for the past few weeks trying to come up with any final options we could do so that we could keep our community together and keep raiding.  We do not want to just throw in the towel and say we will stop raiding and you are all on your own.

Together we have come up with what we believe to be our best chance/solution for sticking together and preserving our community.  Most of you are probably aware (if you have logged on in the past month or two) of our raiding alliance with Requiem Nex (RN) where we have been trying to speed up progression in T5 on Friday nights.  Through our time spent with them, we know that they are one of the few guilds left in this game who are most similar to us in terms of their community and sense of inclusion for everyone in raiding.  In addition to this, Sugar has been familiar with RN and followed their progress for many years.

Our officers (namely Sugar) have been talking to the leadership of RN and have come up with a solution which will best help both our communities.  We proposed to RN a guild merger, where we would merge ourselves into RN.  RN has agreed to this guild merger, where we can bring everyone who wants to come into RN.  Sugar will become a Co-leader of RN. She will also be responsible for leading/organizing all US Prime Time raids for RN, and will appoint a couple of our members as RN officers to help her.

So now you must be wondering, exactly how is all this going to work?  What does it mean for me?

• We will start by merging our main raiding characters into RN.  This will start tonight and is likely partly done by the time you read this.
    • We can merge as many or as few of our alts into RN as we like.
    • It is fine to leave alts in Prophets if you so choose.
  • Our Prophets Guild will remain in-game, for you to keep whatever characters you want under the Prophets name, but we will no longer be raiding under the Prophets tag.
  • RN basically works as a main/alt guild.  So for raiding, you have your main, and your primary alt which you need to specify.
    • This is probably done somewhere on their forums.
  • We will use RN website (http://requiemnex.gamerlaunch.com/?gid=497755)
    • Go apply, say you are from Prophets.
    • RN uses GuildPortal instead of GuildLaunch, so you will need a different account to log into their page.
  • We will use RN ventrillo for main activities.
  • Our Website and Ventrillo will stick around, though ventrillo subscription will likely have player count lowered eventually.
    • Our Ventrillo server is paid for until February 17, 2016, so it will stay as is at least that long.
  • Probot / Guild Bots:
    • We will use the RN Chat Bot for main things like AATimers, scripts, alts, etc.
    • Probot will likely stay in Prophets - fully functional.
    • I will probably create a new bot for us to have in RN which will hold just the Social Modules like !bp, !rish, !sugar, !quotes etc.
      • Name suggestions are welcome (ProbotTwo, PProbot, etc)
      • If I make changes to the social functions in one bot, I will update the second bot too, with the possible exception of the !quotes module which is tied to a database and not easily duplicated.
    • The !quotes will likely need renamed (!pquotes) to not cause interference with RN's bot.
    • There may be other small changes involved which I am not thinking of at this time.
  • You will have more raiding opportunities with RN's raids during Oceanic time (Middle of the night US time), led by the current RN officers, as well as the US time raids led by Sugar + our officers.
  • RN does occasionally lead spontaneous Raids at times other than their scheduled raid times.

We understand that some of you really don't want to leave Prophets on any characters at all.  That is fine, we aren't forcing you anywhere.  For those who fully stay in Prophets, we will still try to get you in our US time raids, though the exact rules for this are unknown at this time.  It may be that we end up having to treat this the way we currently treat going out to Friends list to pick up last few slots in the raid.  We will try our best to still include you, but that said, we do recommend you at least move over your main raiding toon, as this will make you a member of RN so there shouldn't be as much potential problems/drama involved when forming raids.  If we need you on a character other than your RN toon, we can easily let you relog to your character in whatever other guild you are in, just like we do in Prophets.

Sugar has stated: "Rules for forming raid are on time, at the instance. If we have too many folks we can see if anyone wants to drop and if not roll the bot, so same as we do currently. We can also look at raid need, and be a bit stricter if we are doing a progression raid."

TLDR:

We are merging with Requiem Nex.  You don't have to bring all your characters over.  Sugar will become a RN Co-leader and will appoint a couple officers to help her lead the US Prime Time Raids.  We intend to keep our community as close to the same as it currently is as possible.

FAQ:

Q. Did Requiem Nex start this T5 alliance raid in order to poach our players / entire guild for their own guild?
A. No.  This merger was our idea.  We brought it up and have never heard even the slightest peep about them wanting our players.  They were surprised by our offer and graciously accepted.

Q. Why can't we just stay Prophets and do co-raids with them in US time?
A. While we would all love to be able to do this, we decided it wouldn't be feasible.  This creates a large sense of separation between the two communities.  We would remain divided and have more issues communicating and organizing raids.  Our guilds would be stronger united together than they would be if they remained separated.

Q. Is Rish's Shower Cam going to come to ReqNex?
A. Whilst we have the solo license for Rish's Shower Cam, Rish holds the rights and we are willing to change the contract to allow dual-licensing with RN if Rish wishes it. We will fully support her in negotiating terms with RN if she feels she needs our aid.

Q. Can I keep my alts in my Solo Guild or in my old dead guild like Ronin?
A. Yes, there shouldn't be a problem.  I (Kakahu) haven't personally spoken with anyone from RN about this matter, but I believe this won't be a problem in any way.

Q. Can I keep my alts in another active Raiding guild like TWD, Aichmophobia, etc.?
A. We don't know.  We will have to ask the RN leadership for specifics on this matter. Our guess is that they will probably be fine with it as long as it didn't interfere with Main raids.

Q. Does this mean we are going to be carried through T5 and don't have to worry about progression?
A. No.  We still have all the wonderful and fun hard work of progression ahead of us.  RN have progressed just as far as we have and together, we will continue to progress in T5.  Being merged we should hopefully have a more consistent raid force and be able get moving faster in T5.

Q. It has been xx days or xx months since the guild started to merge and I just came back to game.  Can I join you all in RN still?
A. Yes!  You can come join us no matter when you get back to game.

PS:

Sorry for channeling my inner BP.

Update:

New RN US Raid Schedule:

Raid Form at 8:30 EST.

Tue/Wed - T5 (For Mains toons who won't be in Friday Progression raid + alts of Mains as needed)  Vistrix Progression too.
Friday - Oceanic + US T5 Main Progression
Sat - T5 Main Progression / maybe alt Yak kill to be decided each week
Sun - T4 

Last edited by Kakahu on 03/27/16 10:42 am; edited 7 times in total
Kakahu
Deathbringer Envoy
Contributor

Contributor
Awarded:

Looking for suggestions for the name of our RN Social Probot Clone.  This clone will have all the !bp, !kial, !rish, !quotes, etc. we all know and love.

Vetiver
Echinacea Sweetsong
Infernal Adept
Contributor

Contributor

Prosoc?  Chatters?

Contributor
Awarded:

My brother recommended Roebot

Vetiver
Echinacea Sweetsong
Infernal Adept
Contributor

Contributor

Chatbot?  I do like Roebot!

Supreme Contributor

I like roebot too, unless someone comes up with something really awesome, not that roebot is NOT awesome, its very cute.

LoneKiwi
Infernal Adept
Contributor

Contributor

I love Roebot too.

I thought of a couple of Prophet's homage ones...but these would emphasis us a separate identity within RN and I am not sure we want that as we want to seduce them into our raids and steal their womanfolk as our Warbrides...sorry channelling WW2 & the American troops en-masse in Australia and NZ for a moment there....but here they are Profbot and Prophbot...... although on the other hand...over time.. Profbot would become the source of all wise sayings...

Kwalya

ZhoAhn
Infernal Adept
Semi Newb

Semi Newb

Roebot is cute. How many letters are needed? I submit Funbot, as it will contain all of our fun quotes. 

Madam1
Blood Initiate
Newbsauce

Newbsauce

re: Hello!

Hello guild :)

Looks like a lot has happened while we have been gone! Glimmer or to some Kryer and I (Madamloki) have had an eventful time away. We bought a house in May, after a short search and the most fun contract period, and all the fun that comes with home ownership.  We are currently planning the renovation of or kitchen with new cabinets, granite, flooring and paint.  Our time frame is in a few weeks while we wait for our cabinets to arrive from the manufacturer.  We will try to tackle some of the work ourselves!!  LOL  We had a son get married in June to a wonderful woman we are so happy to have in our lives!  We had a new grandson that was born on July 18th to join our other 7 grand babies!  We have been busy, but are always talking about all of you. We didn't intend to be gone for so long, but life has a way of taking over fun :(  We are still planning on coming back and are wondering if we also will be welcomed into the merged guild.  We hope that everyone is in good health and all is well with your families!!! 

Kakahu
Deathbringer Envoy
Contributor

Contributor
Awarded:

Hello Madamloki and Glimmer!  Nice you hear you are both still doing ok. 

Yes, you are both welcome to come to RN whenever you get back to game.

Edit: Beat you to it Sugar :P

Last edited by Kakahu on 10/01/15 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Sugarspice
Chaos Lord
Supreme Contributor

Supreme Contributor

Madam, you are part of our family, the number one reason for the merge was to keep our little family intact. Not only are you welcome to join us in Rex Nex, we would be devastated if you didn't! It sounds like life had been interesting and fun for you guys. I am happy that your well.

Kakahu
Deathbringer Envoy
Contributor

Contributor
Awarded:

Added RN US Raid Schedule to the first post.

Kakahu
Deathbringer Envoy
Contributor

Contributor
Awarded:

New RN website since guildportal is shutting down:

http://requiemnex.gamerlaunch.com/?gid=497755

Edit:

RN merge ultimately failed, our community is no more.

http://prophetsofset.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11068935&gid=70329

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Prophets Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum